Selecting the Best Travel Backpack For You
Not sure where to start or which travel backpack is right for your upcoming adventure? No problem. We have come up with a quick guide of ideas to consider when selecting a travel backpack.
Step 1: How long will you be traveling?
The longer the trip, the bigger the bag you will want.
- If you are planning a weekend trip, aim for a bag with 35-50 liters/2000 to 3000 cubic inches.
- If you are planning a week or so trip, aim for bag with 50 to 80 liters/ 3000 to 4500 cubic inches.
- If you are planning a trip longer than a week, aim for a backpack with 70 liters or higher/ 4000 cubic inches.
Step 2: Adjustable straps and hip belt for the perfect fit
Torso Length: When selecting a backpack, you want a bag that falls into this general rule of thumb. One measures torso length from your shoulders to the top of you hip bone.
|Backpack Size||Torso Length|
|Extra small||Up to 15 inches|
|Small||16 to 17|
|Medium||18 to 19|
Hip Belt: If you plan on walking extensively with the backpack, travel longer than a weekend with it or carry a significant amount of weight, consider a backpack that has a hip belt which better distributes the weight.
Step 3: How long do you want the backpack for?
- Our Rental Backpacks Options are 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and 4 weeks.
- The travel backpack rental starts the day you receive the bag via FedEx and ends the day you send it back via FedEx.
- Every rental comes with a pre-paid shipping label, simply drop off at fedex when your rental period and golf trip are up.
- We take orders months in advance. Book today and we won’t ship it out until your requested delivery date approaches.
Step 4: Miscellaneous Consideration
- Water Resistant: Make sure your backpack is water resistant at a minimum. All of our rentals meet this standard. The water resistant standard helps in case you get stuck in a last minute rain shower. Waiting for all your clothes to dry is not a fun task that is quickly resolved.
- Lockable Zipper: This features allows you to lock up your items if you have to leave your backpack unattended for a few minutes or if someone tries to get into your pack from your backside. All of our rentals come with this protective feature. One just needs a TSA lock to make this option a reality.
Not ready to rent? No worries. In the mean time, subscribe to our monthly newsletter and we will send you great rental deals to use in the future when do decide to rent.