Cycling Planning Tips
Decided you want to take a cycling adventure? Trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this life goal? First, rent or buy a bike Travel Bag from us :), after that easy step, here are some quick cycling tips to consider as you plan your big adventure. Hopefully these tips save you time and energy.
- Plan your route in advance– Before you hit the road, take some time to plan your route. Look for bike-friendly roads and trails, and avoid busy highways or areas with heavy traffic. Consider the terrain and elevation changes, as well as the distance you’ll be traveling each day. Map out your route using online resources such as Google Maps or apps like Strava or Komoot.
- Check your bike and equipment– Make sure your bike is in good condition before you start your journey. Check your brakes, tires, and gears, and make any necessary repairs or replacements. Don’t forget to pack essential equipment, such as a helmet, bike lock, lights, and repair tools. If you’re traveling long distances, consider investing in panniers or bikepacking gear to carry your gear.
- Dress appropriately– Wear comfortable, breathable clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions. Dress in layers so you can easily adjust your temperature as you ride. Don’t forget to pack rain gear if you’re traveling during the wet season.
- Stay hydrated and fueled– Cycling can be a physically demanding activity, so it’s essential to stay hydrated and fueled throughout your journey. Pack plenty of water and healthy snacks such as nuts, fruit, or energy bars. Stop frequently for breaks and meals to replenish your energy levels.
- Follow traffic rules and safety guidelines– When cycling on public roads, it’s important to follow traffic rules and safety guidelines. Always wear a helmet, and use hand signals to indicate turns or stops. Stay visible by wearing bright or reflective clothing and using lights on your bike. Be aware of your surroundings, and anticipate potential hazards such as potholes or cars turning.
- Respect local customs and culture– When traveling in new destinations, it’s important to respect local customs and culture. Learn about the area’s history and traditions, and be mindful of local customs and etiquette. Don’t leave trash behind, and be respectful of the environment.
- Have fun and enjoy the ride– Above all, remember to have fun and enjoy the ride! Cycling travel can be a fantastic way to explore new destinations and experience the outdoors. Take time to appreciate the scenery, try new foods, and meet new people along the way.
With these cycling travel tips in mind, you’ll be ready to hit the road and explore new destinations on two wheels. Happy cycling!
Have more cycling travel questions we didn’t answer above? Check out our FAQ with our time savings insights.
Have questions on how to pack your bike travel bag? Manufacturer’s Installation Video Found Here.
What is the difference between a hard and soft bike travel bag? Explanation found here
Not ready to rent a bike travel case yet? Want more cycling tips and tricks for beginners?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter as your first step. We will send you great rental deals, discounts and giveaways to allow you to take more enjoyable biking trips and races.