Quick FAQ Answer
Thanks for googling this answer. Below are the top difference between the Thule Sidekick rooftop carrier and the Yakima Rocketbox Pro rooftop carrier.
Below we have compared these two models as they are the leaders for smallest hard top carriers that Thule and Yakima make respectively. Both options can save you lots of room during your next adventure.
Let’s know if we missed a key difference below.
The length of the rooftop carriers
- The Yakima RocketBox 12 is 58 inches long
- The Thule Sidekick is 54 inches long.
The width of the cargo top carriers
- The Yakima RocketBox 12 is 36 inches long
- The Thule Sidekick is 25 inches long
The height of the cargo carriers
- The Yakima Rocket Box 12 is 16 inches in height
- The Thule Sidekick is 15.5 inches in height
Cargo Capacity of the Rooftop Carrier
- The Yakima RocketBox 12 has 12 cubic feet in capacity.
- The Thule Sidekick is has 8 cubic feet in capacity.
Weight of the Rooftop Carrier
- The Yakima RocketBox 12 is 30 pounds in weight.
- The Thule Sidekick is 16 pounds in weight.
Color of the Rooftop Carrier
- The Yakima RocketBox comes in black.
- The Thule Sidekick comes in gray.
- The Yakima RocketBox load capacity is 30 pounds.
- The Thule Sidekick load capacity is 75 pounds.
Pricing of the Rooftop Carrier
- The Yakima RocketBox retails at $469.00.
- The Thule Sidekick retails at $319.95.
Want to read more roof top carrier travel tips and tricks? Read our Beginner’s Guide to Selecting a Rooftop Carrier to learn more.
Let us help you today.
Feel free to email us if you have additional rooftop carrier questions. We are glad to help and make you a happy customer.
Interested in renting our products? Check out our rental options here. We have an assortment of rental options to make your travels easier.
Enjoyed our rooftop carrier travel tips? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter. We will send you rental deals and travel tips to make your life more fun and less stressful.